Thank you for visiting our website and considering making a grant request. We highly value opportunities to support the 501c3 organizations in our communities. Please keep in mind we are a project-based funder. On the application, you will be asked to breakdown your project by all the expenses involved and to list any current and potential funders. We look forward to seeing how we can help your organization grow to serve more people and be more efficient in the work you do.
Please consider if you meet the following qualifications before filling out an application:
- Must be tax exempt under Section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- We do not grant money for salaries, to individuals, foundations or sports teams.
- Must be a nonprofit (501c3 status with a verifiable Tax ID) organization that effectively delivers support for basic critical needs of food, shelter, or emergency medical assistance and/or effectively address Early Childhood issues (birth to age 5) in the counties of Chester, Lancaster, and York counties.
- We only serve the Chester County school district, Lancaster County school district, and Fort Mill school districts.
- If you are seeking a grant bigger than $35,000 or have never applied for a grant, please contact the consultant that serves your area. Typically, for capital campaigns, we like to see other funders in place that support your project.
- The maximum amount for emergency grants in a calendar year is $5,000.00.
- We no longer provide grants for fundraisers and sponsorships.
Applications will be available year-round but are due by either March 1st or October 1st. Decisions will be made by the Community Boards in early April and in early November.